Thursday, October 8, 2009

Looking forward

Today was a very exciting day for Cole, we changed his carseat from rear-facing to forward facing! I am normally very strict about the rules and he is suppose to be 1 year old and 20 pounds to face forward. Well, he is six days from being one and he is 19 pounds and 2 ounces but I felt it would be safer for him to ride facing forward. Lately, he has spent most of his time in the car crying and straining his neck trying to turn around and see me and that position would not keep him safe in a car wreck. So last night Chris and I put in his new carseat.

It was so precious to see his face while we were driving to mother's day out this morning! He kept smiling and laughing, he even waved at me! Now he can see everything outside and see his mommy. I wish I could have recorded his face and the sheer excitement.

I realized this situation reminded me so much of my own life. I spend most of my life looking backwards at the past. I know God is driving the car but I can not see him and I cry out in frustration. The sheer excitement I feel when I turn around and can see my heavenly Father driving the car. I know that joy comes not from looking at the past but from looking at the future and keeping my eyes fixed on my Savior!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wished I could have seen his face too. And...preach it honey...I needed to hear it!

Jess said...

For real! I love how you are able to take things like this and look at them in a different way! In the process you teach us all something we are desperately needing to hear. Love you!! Oh, pictures, please!!